Monday, May 12, 2008

Okay

I give up.
I've spent all waking hours of the last 24 thinking about how to sum up and thank for the RKC weekend so that it'd at least halfways match. I can't. I'm no master of words, have never been actually, but now I feel more helpless than ever - the experience beggars all description.
I'm so ashamed of the incoherent mess I've turned in on the evaluation form, too... I was sitting over it yesterday and my mind just kept wandering... I should pick 5 aspects?? There were a hundred! All useful, all important! And then suddenly time was almost up and I don't remember what I wrote and what I left unanswered, I just guess I've succeeded to come off like a complete idiot.
I'm emotionally overwhelmed and have an information overload. As we agreed with Mr. Du Cane at the end, the RKC course is over, but me becoming an RKC has just begun, and it will take weeks and months and even years to think over and over and digest and sort out and internalize and put into practice all the course provided.
And I don't just mean the info stuff or the manual. Yes, we covered a huge amount of material, very thoroughly, in great detail, without ever losing sight of the main principles and always emphasizing how it all is connected and interrelated. That alone was amazing.
The greatest thing for me however was seeing my Team Leader Dr. Cheng, the other Team Leader Kenneth Jay and of course Pavel at work. The way they related to people, situations, problems. Seeing that whatever they did and whichever way, it all served a definite purpose. And that great amount of human energy and effort and patience and care they invested into supporting us, each and every one of us (participant No. 127 and 134 and 142 in the row, on the third such course in three weeks!!) 'to become better men'. I was so grateful and touched I thought I could cry. And then I did.
I'm sure I'll reflect on a lot of things later, but for today this must suffice.
I miss the words so I keep it simple: thank you all for all the concern, advice and support, online or IRL.

P.S.
Mark and Tracy Rif, hallowed be thy name :)

My hands are swollen, especially around the finger joints, BUT I have NO skin damage at all! Guess if I'm tempted to swing my new 32kg today...? ;)

14 comments:

Franklin said...

Gabriella Katschthaler, RKC

Its got a great ring to it .. Congratulations!!

Howie B said...

Fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Congratulations Gabi!!! Cheers to you!
Katie

Iron Tamer said...

Welcome to the family Gabi!

Taikei Matsushita said...

Congratulations.

Little secret, I (a man) cried twice where no one was around in course of my 3 days.

Don't tell anyone.

Mark Reifkind said...

Ah, congratuations RKC!!! It's impossible to convey the experience of the RKC if you haven't gone through it. Seems pompous in some ways to say but I believe it's true. It's such a unique, transformative exeperience.SO glad you had a great time and wish I could have been there. And, thank you, from both Tracy and myself,for such kind words :))

Aaron Friday said...

You are going to be so much stronger from now on. It's scary.

Hands look great, too. Leave it to the Rifs for good ideas. You were wise to take heed and care for them so well.

Mike Krahling said...

Great job!!! Congratulations!!!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Congratulations, Gabi!

Gabi said...

I can't thank you all enough, your support was (is) priceless!

Gunther said...

bit late but still congratulations for becoming a RKC.

Gabi said...

Thanks, Gunther,

never too late, in the process, always :)

fawn said...

Nice job Gabi! Welcome to the club!

Gabi said...

Thank you, Fawn,
it's the best company ever to join!