Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Program Minimum

Thank God and Rif the stinging is gone, but a bit of popping is still there. So still no presses, jerks or heavy snatches yet, I plan to keep with Joint Mobility, selective yoga poses, TGU-windmill-arm bar, squats and of course lots of swings :)

Yesterday:
Yoga, stretching and other maintenance work.

Today:
10min continuous TGU-windmill-arm bar @12kg, switching hands every rep.

two hand swing - swing L - two hand swing - swing R - this counts as one rep
a ladder 1-->5 is one set (15 of the above reps, 60 swings altogether)
1,5min on, 1min off

1 set @16kg
1 set @20kg
1 set @24kg

3 times through, 22,5 min, 540 swings.

Some 12kg snatches tomorrow, maybe.

7 comments:

Gunther said...

great idea, these swing ladders. I have done something similar in the past and I should certainly add these again.

thanks for again a good idea.

Franklin said...

You have a very simple yet creative approach to basic swinging. I'm very intrigued by how you manage the work:rest cycles.

Do you use a GymBoss timer? Do you rest a fixed amount after each rung of the ladder?

Gabi said...

Thanks, Gunther,

yes, ladders are a great tool to build volume, especially with heavy weights.

Franklin,

I think my description wasn't all too clear, I'm sorry. I'll tape it next time :)
In this workout I actually had ladders within ladders: I had an uphill weight ladder (16, 20, 24) I went 3 times through, and each rung of these ladders consisted of a rep ladder 1 to 5.
I went 1 2H-1L-1-2H-1R-2 2H-2L-2 2H-2R-3 2H-etc. up to 5 each, no rest between. That was 60 swings altogether, which took 1,5min., then I took 1min rest and I started all over with the next weight. So all in all I had 9 sets of 60 swings, 1,5min on, 1min off, and this the GymBoss can handle.

Franklin said...

Thanks so much Gabi for clarifying. The times were also a bit confusing but I just figured out that when you write "1,5min on" it means "one and a half minutes swinging" and everything makes sense now.

Gabi said...

Oh, yes, on and off means work and rest. It's probably a "Tracyism" :)

Franklin said...

The on and off was clear, it was the use of the comma "," to designate a decimal point that confused me. In the states we use a period "." instead so that one and half minutes is written here as "1.5min".

More importantly I intend to give your swing circuit a go .. thanks!

Gabi said...

Oh, in future I guess I better stick to the "1:30" format :)))