Friday, August 15, 2008

CK-FMS - WOW!!!

When I told him about my plans to attend because everybody seems to be out of their minds about this stuff, Doc Cheng told me I shouldn't wonder and I would be out of my mind at and after the course the same way. Well, he knew what he was talking about, just "being out of my mind" is a major understatement :)
I had one AHA moment after the other. "Don't add fitness to dysfunction." "Have an objective measurement tool to protect you from your own expertise." "Do not assume anything." "Be consistent and methodical on the front end." "Performance doesn't equal durability." "Mobility before stability." "Systems vs. programs." "Motion has priority over load." (Just to name a few, the list is way too long!) Background, philosophy, screens, scores, labs, Q&A. Things people had had trouble with for years now fixed in minutes (and the best, it was no miracle!). Tons of info, my head is still spinning.
I feel transformed. It is as if I had a switch in my mind Gray and Brett turned over so that I'm not able to think about training and movement the way I did before any longer, what's more, I actually have difficulties recapitulating those 'old' (although maybe just one week old, lol) thoughts.
I can't imagine any longer how any trainer or fitness pro could be serious about training others without this tool. Like you would doubt an architect's sanity if he would simply determine what type of foundation a house should have without caring about what kind of ground it should be built on...

To be continued - expect some pics, too :)

No comments: