Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chilly morning

My guys are tough - it's getting pretty cold now that November is closing in (having to scrape frost off my windshield makes it unpleasantly obvious), they still prefer training outside. Which I completely understand, I love this spot, too:





But if I'm teaching several hours in a row I have to keep moving, too, so yesterday I decided to do the ballistics with them. I chose I-go-you-go-style as it regulates rest time naturally, serves demonstration purposes and still enables me to watch them move and make corrections if necessary - and it's fun for them, too.
Unfortunately I forgot my sock sleeves so my hands were beaten up by noon, so that was it for the day (this was all not planned so I don't remember the exact number of sets but it was something like):

10-12 sets of 20 (one and/or two hand, normal or flip) swings @12, 16, 20kg
8-10 sets of 10/10 snatches @16kg,
5 sets of 5/5 snatches @20kg,
5-6 sets of 5/5 cleans @24kg
4-5 sets of 20 Figure 8s To a Hold @16kg
? sets of 12kg juggling

No comments: