Sunday, March 23, 2008

Better than expected

BJ#3, 3 rounds, @2*12kg

7 Dbl. Clean and Front Squat
20 Dbl. Swing
7 Dbl. Clean and Front Squat
7 Dbl. Clean and Press
7 Dbl. Clean and Front Squat
7/7 Get-up
7 Dbl. Clean and Front Squat
7 Dbl. Snatch
7 Dbl. Clean and Front Squat
Rest as necessary, approx. 50min.

Two 12s were, as the load was distributed symmetrically, definitely easier to squat than the single 16kg last time. The shoulders could handle it much better, too. I also seem to have found my proper stance width and feet angle, I could keep my weight on and drive through the heels more consistently.
After yesterday's not so glorious performance I had some doubts - this was the 6th training day in a row and exept for the Shoulder Flow they were all quite demanding - but it was okay. Tomorrow I take off from kettlebells, I'll only do some Joint Mobility staff. I need to be rested if I am to do snatch form work and to use heavier weights in the next couple of days.

7 comments:

Franklin said...

Excellent work Gabi!

I have to admit I feel like a complete dolt as only today did I finally figure out that BJ#3 meant Brett Jones 3rd workout. For some reason I thought it was some custom Brazilian Jujitsu plan.

If possible please provide a link or reference for Brett's program .. when I switch to a different cycle down the road I want to seriously consider this program.

Gabi said...

Oh, Franklin,

I'm so sorry, I've made a mistake of somehow thinking what is obvious to me is also obvious to others.

The article is on page 6 of the latest HardStyle:

http://www.dragondoor.com/pdf/hard-style.pdf

Gunther said...

Need to have a re-read of it. I am about to start my today's workout but I am still doubting between 3 routines on my mind. aaargh always those choices.
At least it will be swing based.

I like the simplicity of this routine you are using. From my own experience I noticed I personally like the simple basic routines best and they also give me the most resuls.

Howie B said...

Great work Gabi. I think it's ok if you allow yourself at least one day of rest. =)

I took today off and will focus on some light Swings and Snatches tomorrow. Also maybe some Shoulder Flow as well. I love Windmills and your Flow works them in nicely with the other shoulder work.

Gabi said...

Gunther,

As I see, when in doubt, you revert to swings and Hindu squats :) You can't go wrong with the basics, that's for sure.
This is why I can't advertize enough for this program, I find it rather underrated. Many people let themselves be misled by its simplicity, however, simple doesn't mean easy. Very versatile, too, you could use it for strength emphasis as well as for strength-endurance and everything in between, depending on how you set the variables.

Howie,

tomorrow, snatches are on the menu for me too :) I have filed my callouses neat and tidy, made a couple of sock sleeves, thick and thin, narrow and wide, to try, now I just hope the weather would hold for an outdoor session, I wouldn't want to risk property damage ;)

Mark Reifkind said...

thats one serious workout,brett is a mean man,lol! have a good snatch workout gabi, you are doing great.

Gabi said...

Thank you, Mark,

as long as his meanness keeps pushing me from zero towards hero, mean should he be :)