Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just to have something done

I don't feel like training these days. I'm not actually sick anymore, but mood, energy and motivation leave a lot to be desired. I hope this will pass soon, together with the last bits of sniffling.

Nevertheless, I did pull myself together, more or less... and it all went quite easy, I still just wished it was over.

Yesterday:
VO2Max, 36:36, @12kg
20 reps/set
20 rounds
400 reps

Today:
VO2Max, 15:15, @12kg
9 reps/set
50 rounds
450 reps

Snatch ladder @16kg
2* 1-->10
110 reps 

4 comments:

Mike Krahling said...

The mental side of training is also the hardest for me recently. Keep going, your not alone. It will pass. Your doing pretty darn good for not wanting to do it.

Gabi said...

Thanks, Mike,

It's two weeks before the Cert, and, thank God, I have my numbers in and am in acceptable shape so I'm not so much under pressure.
I got really good advice from Taikei, Rif, Dr. Cheng and all the others to be satisfied with my results, back off and take it easy 'til then, so it's no real drama - it's just unusual for me because I usually enjoy my workouts and look forward to them.
I'm sure this little "offness" will pass, and if I'm lucky, it will be followed by a peak right at the right time :)

Howie B said...

Sounds like you need to taper a bit. Ease back and get some earned rest. So some stretching and relax. I guarantee within a few days you'll be itching to bit up the bells again.

Gabi said...

Howie, you are right. Time to shift focus onto that torture tool foam roller :D