Friday, May 2, 2008

Still alive

This week was sort of hectic, messy and stressful, but things are getting back to normal now.
On Sunday I was in Budapest to meet Peter Lakatos and other RKC candidates for a last consultation before the Cert. We had a short training session, too, it was more like a demonstration of how kettlebell exercises can be adapted to specific demands of different sports like judo, boxing, target shooting, etc.
No training on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday I did my snatch test numbers (30/30 @12kg, 15/15 @16kg).

Yesterday I did BJ#1 @16kg, 3 rounds, 45sec on, 45sec off
30 swing
5/5 C&P (oh yes, strict presses in all 3 rounds :) )
30 swing
5/5 C&FSQ
30 swing
5/5 TGU
30 swing
5/5 snatch
30 swing
Felt good and actually easy.

Today I had a fellow RKC candidate here (he turned out (now!!) to live a few blocks away from here, lol).
I had planned to do the Brett Jones Prep Program, but as he hasn't got two kettlebells of the same size at home, I showed him the basic double drills instead, and then he was lucky to make the acquaintance of my GymBoss: first the Grad Workout (6 lengths in my garden, 120m), then VO2Max, 15:15, 30 sets (me @12kg, 10reps/set). Oh, and, of course, we started (as a warmup, just to sound stuck up :D) with ritually counting each other's RKC snatch test reps (me 15/15@16kg) :)
I showed him the foam roller, too, now he is planning to purchase one, no wonder.
It was definitely fun and he is coming to train on Sunday again.

6 comments:

Franklin said...

I just realized your Cert is next Friday .. you've been ready for quite a while as your trainig today clearly demonstrated. Nice job on the 16kg C&Ps. I remember not too long ago you substituted C&PushPresses for these.. nice goin!

Howie B said...

Nice going Gabi... Share The Pain!!

I can't wait to hear how your Cert goes. I am so excited!!

fawn said...

Gabi,
You are going to have so much fun this weekend... I can't wait to hear all about it!

Gabi said...

Thank you all :)

Oooohhh yeah,

just a couple of days (leaving for Budapest tommorrow night or Tuesday morning)... I'm sooo much looking forward to it! :)
I feel ready and I'm optimistic, excited but not frightened (I just hope it'll turn out to be realistic and not a sign of complacency) - my only worry is about eventually having to work with shredded hands, as I've never let it come so far yet. But we'll see, if it can be avoided, fine, if not, I'm sure "it's not gonna kill me" ((c) Tracy) :)

Howie B said...

Gabi, make sure you check out Rif's hand taping procedure, if you haven't already.

http://rifsblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-tape-your-hands.html

It works amazingly. I've been using it all week!

Gabi said...

That's really a great method! I've already bought tons of tape, for all cases. Prevents further damage, but makes it no less painful... There I go, a big sissy! :)))