Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Curls? No thanks

5 rounds @20kg, alternating
snatch L - lower with dip and (re-)jerk 5 times - drop and switch hands - repeat R
6 TGU + windmill switching hands every rep

5 rounds, alternating
5 flip swing squats @28kg (= goblet squat with two-hand reclean each time)
5 goblet squats @32kg

Might be worth a try for anybody worried they don't get enough bicep work with kettlebells ;)

Vinyasa, 40min.
It's getting a whole lot easier as I'm getting better at remembering the sequence... I'm starting to have hopes I'm not all that hopeless ;)

3 comments:

Gunther said...

those flip clean squats are great. i did try a few last weekend and I plan to start adding these to my workouts. It is amazing how you even feel the abs doing them, really a great exercise.

fawn said...

I have got to learn how to flip a kb. Your workout sounds awesome... and who doesn't want nicer biceps???

Gabi said...

Gunther,

you're right, heavy goblets are fare less innocent than they look... probably because your center of gravity is shifted even more forward.

Fawn,

it's not about that real, fancy juggling/flipping, you can just release the handle and catch the bell again in the position for the goblet squat, at both sides of the handle. Or the bell body, like Tracy does in a couple of her vids.

As for biceps, I'm yet to unriddle how jerks, of all exercises, work them so hard... I'm still a bit sore :)