Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back on the wagon

VO2Max:
I did 50 sets on Thursday, that felt good and relatively easy. The 60 sets again yesterday however were dragging. The weather was oppressive, too, the air was sticky, which didn't make things easier. I'll cut back again to 50 tomorrow and build up from there. No rush. The name of the game now is consistency, it's more about "showing up" every other day and not the reps themselves.

Otherwise, I'm making slow progress with yoga, to my biggest surprise even my one leg and lunge stance is getting a bit better (I've always had major balance issues with these). Splitting up the sequence to 2-3 days and working less poses more in a session seems to have been a good idea.

I'm not overdoing the clubs either - the inside-outside moves are not easy to learn and the casts are a bit scary, too, with the weight behind my head/back, but I can always choke up, so I'm coming along slow and steady. Really great for mobility so far.

No comments: