Friday, July 4, 2008

Downstroke transfer

I'm no SSST-freak and VO2Max-training hasn't involved switching hands up to now, so I've never felt the urge to try it. But now that Kenneth Jay has come out with his "boost" I better get ready :)

10 sets of 40 @12kg, switching every other rep.

I went outside, fearing I might drop the bell. Double surprise... First, this was no problem. Second, I would have never thought it would slow me down that much. It nerved and I expected it to get better but it didn't, at least not significantly.
Maybe it simply takes time for the new groove to get settled.
On the other hand, one doesn't normally switch hands so often, of course. But now I wanted the transfers, not the snatches, so maybe I magnified something I wouldn't even have noticed if I had done one switch every 10-20 reps or so.

No comments: