Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good news all around

Back from Budapest. Visa interview went fine, all consular officers were very kind, polite and helpful, I was told on the spot that my visa was approved and my passport was delivered in less than 24 hours - that makes up for all the preceding unnerving procedure :)
I also did some shopping: I was looking for some shorts suitable for training for quite a while and I finally found two that actually did fit me somewhat normally - in the Boys' Wear department, size "14 yrs", LOL!!
Furthermore, I became proud owner of a pair of 4kg clubbells, and now that even my mysterious side stitches seem to be completely gone, I goofed around with them yesterday for an hour or so, trying some moves from the Circular Strength DVD. They look small, but they're no joke, my grip got smoked even from that bit :)

6 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

I wear some woman-sized socks, because they just fit me better. Every other article of women's clothing doesn't fit at all, not that I'm trying on women's clothing all the time.

Howie B said...

Fashion show! Fashion show!

Don't we get to see these shorts?

I am intrigued with club bells also but have decided to wait until 2009 before venturing down that path. Not enough hours in the day to play with all these toys!!

Mark Reifkind said...

gabi

I was SHOCKED at how heavy and hard my 10 lb clubs were when i first got them. The 15's command my resepct as if it was the 24 kg bell.no joke indeed. great stuff, too for the shoulders, back and arms in general. enjoy!

Franklin said...

I'm with Howie in that sometimes I get completely overwhelmed with what I want to do with just the 24kg bell.

Club bells? I'll have to wait for another reincarnation cycle .. anyway I heard its good to cycle programs just never have applied it successive lifetimes.

Franz Snideman said...

Those clubbelss are awesome. You will like them!

when are you heading over to the states?

Gabi said...

Aaron,

whatever fits, it fits, that's what counts, no matter what they call it.
It's just funny how sizes can differ depending on the manufacturer - if Decathlon thinks I'm the size of a teenage boy, I think I'll survive it somehow :)

Howie,

sure, here :)
You'll have to wait for a video show until I can get some clubbell moves down good enough so as not to put Rif at risk of a heart attack ;)

Mark,

they're great, but they're hard as hell, to be sure... although I only do a few reps of a few exercises, I'm sore the next day all over.

Franklin,

who knows, maybe you have, you just can't remember it... regressive hypnosis might be the way to find it out ;)

Franz,

I love them, but I have to be careful and start out slowly, they're tricky :)
My flight is scheduled to arrive at MSP on Wed., Aug. 6th, 5:30 pm.