Saturday, August 16, 2008

Let them pics talk for themselves :)

There's no way I can put into words how awesome it was to see Pavel, John, Doc and Kenneth again, to finally meet Masters, Seniors, Team Leaders, fellow RKCs, friends from the blogosphere, my "RKC heroes" I've only read about, people I've never heard of before and still became friends with in minutes - it was like suddenly landing in your favorite movie :) The fantastic BBQ at the Fridays (Fawn and Aaron, I can't thank you enough for that!), the happy throng in The Liffey, a perfect roommate, talking training and business at breakfast, discussing plans and ideas at dinner, a quick exchange of impressions in the breaks, people of all walks of life all joined by the escalating enthusiasm about what we were doing at the course in particular and the shared passion for what we represent in general, the RKC.

8 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

I see more people at Fawn's place than my time. I missed Sean and Aaron's brother during my stay. I was in and out of that house for 4 days out of 6 days stay. Glad Rolando got into the group, I got connected to him during RKC II.

Great people, great memories.

Gabi said...

Nothing can beat meeting all these wonderful people in person. But I badly miss a photo with you, too, so we'll have to do something about it, sooner or later :)

Franz Snideman said...

Great photos...great memories!

It was awesome to finally meet you!

Are you going to RKC II next year?

Gabi said...

Woo-hoo, Franz, a great reunion to celebrate your pressing that 40k? :)

Anonymous said...

Gabi, what a great group of pics! It is certainly a handsome group :)

Gabi said...

Hey Sara,

thanks for stopping by!
And yes, great people, lots of good energy, and so much fun, too!
Looking forward to next time :)

fawn said...

OMG... Gabi I have neglected your blog! Great pictures! I can't believe it took me so long to stop by! Seeing everyone from blogosphere was really a highlight of my summer!

Gabi said...

Fawn,

never mind, I'm no better these days... Business is up, the time I can spend in front of my computer shrinks day by day. But we keep in touch anyway :)
Thanks again for everything - great memories, and I hope to see you again in a not so distant future!