Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another milestone

As I learned from Fireman Tom, applying the "Corkscrew" from NW to the legs I posted about some 3 weeks ago is an existing technique Pavel called Spiraling, often used with squats. I was of course encouraged by that and started practicing it, especially with loaded cleans (I don't try and press heavy until after the Cert, but I can work on building a solid foundation for it in the meantime). Well, it works: now I can clean the 32kg :) A few days ago R only, today L, too. Okay, I can't say I was very far from it before, but I wasn't there, and now I am, and that's cool ;)

And what's even more cool: I have a young lady, three weeks ago she was quite shocked to find out even BW squats were difficult for her - by adding this technique to the other HT ones she brought herself to suitcase deadlifting double 16s last Saturday, for several singles!

6 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

32KG cleans? NICE!

You are getting STRONG!!!!!

Franklin said...

Yeah I'm wit Franz on dat count .. VERY STRONG INDEED!!

Rainer said...

Hi, Gabi !
Is it true that the most Hungarian RKC Instructors and trainees practice the Warrior Diet and realy don´t eat nothing during the day ? I mean also before and after a workout during the day. What about you ? How do you practice the Warrior Diet during the day ?

Best,
Rainer

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Gabi, Don't be afraid to post just because you fell off the blog wagon for a sec...I know you are taking care of business over there!-Kate

Aaron Friday said...

The economy of Hungary is experiencing a shit storm right now. I hope Gabi is OK.

Gabi said...

Thanks, Franz, Franklin,

GTG works wonders :)

Rainer,

yes, I know quite a few.
I myself usually just drink coffee and water during the day and have my meal pretty late when all work is done (incl. workout, which I prefer to have in the morning or early afternoon if possible). I've been doing this more or less consequently for many years now so I'm used to it and get along fine, but I remember it was pretty tough when I started.

Thank you, Katie,

this time it was a 3-week-"sec", ehh. But now we have a 4-day-weekend so I try and climb (and stay) back up :)

Thank you for your concern, Aaron,

I don't feel much of it at the moment, but it is a shit storm indeed, rather unpredictable as for the outcomes. Wait out and see, that's all we can do, and do our best in whatever we have in our own hands in the meantime.