Thursday, March 19, 2009

2 VO2Max sessions in 3 hours

This is interesting.

I did 30 sets of 8 @16kg with a client I often train ballistics with at around 5 pm (this was postponed from Monday). Then I remembered I always do VO2Max together with my Thursday 7 pm. advanced group... Doing it again seemed less a nuisance than having to excuse myself, so again, 35 sets of 8.

I knew my hands could take it, my technique has gotten a lot smoother the last few weeks. What I didn't expect was that the first session would have no influence on the second at all. Even though I was teaching in the meantime, I was completely recovered, I had no fatigue from the first one, I didn't slow down and it didn't feel any harder than the first. (5 minutes later I was in my beginner group, teaching - the snatch, lol.)

VO2Max, 15:15 @16kg 
30+35 sets of 8
520 snatches

No comments: