Monday, September 21, 2009

Heavy swings

I had to finally try, my ego needed that :D

Yesterday:
Every 45sec:
10 (5/5 one hand) swings @24kg
10 (2 two hand/2 L/2 two hand/2 R/2 two hand) swings @32kg
10 (two hand) swings @40kg
10 times through, 300 swings, 22,5min

That was fun. And hard, too. Especially the one hand swings @32kg - in the last round you would have had to look pretty hard for the "overspeed" in the eccentric, lol. But the 40kg is no joke either, 10 reps may not seem a big deal but there's a whole world of a difference when swinging it in timed sets.
They made the 24kg, on the other hand, feel quite light, which is good if I want to start snatching it again (and eventually try jerking it, too) soon.

4 comments:

Rondell said...

Here's another recipe you might like:

10 cups of diced ham
10 cups of velveeta cheese
10 cups of tomatos

Stir together, microwave, and eat!

Frankie said...

Your workouts amaze me.

Authentic Strength Training said...

Gabi,
It was very nice to see you again. I had to leave the workshop early, as my flight brought me back to Philly last night, so that I may work all day today. All I do id work, not nearly enough time to have fun or rest. i commend you on the work you do, and if I make it to Hungary, I would look forward to training with you. I spoke with Peter briefly, he is a fine gentleman and it appears that you are in good company.

As Pavel would say, "Hungarian Power to you!"

Most sincerely,
W2

Gabi said...

Thanks, Frankie,

we all have our strengths and weaknesses. I've always been better at ballistics. My grinds however... mediocre, at best.

Oh, thank you, Big W,

I so hoped to get a chance to talk with you a bit at dinner, I was bummed to hear you had left already... :-/ (But then again, I'm no better myself, I would have been heading back Sat. night to be back to work on Mon., too, if I had found a suitable flight, lol.)

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to next time, and it'd be just g.r.e.a.t. to have you here in Hungary some time!

Ehhm, Rondell,

microwave? What's that?!