Monday, March 31, 2008

Forbearance is no acquittance

Since yesterday we have CEST (Central European Summer Time), and I'm somehow off the track. No good sleep - at 1 a.m. I was still wide awake and woke up before 6, although I could have slept longer. Bad mood all day, but, with some self-flagellation, I did:

BJ#1, @16kg, 3 rounds, now timed: 1min on (30sec /side), 30sec off (48min)

40 Swing
6/6 Clean and Push Press
40 Swing
6/6 Clean and Front Squat
40 Swing
5/5 Get-up
40 Swing
12/12 Snatch
40 Swing

Well, it was one of those workouts you do just to get it over with :D Still, the push presses felt better today (=less push, more press) and the squats more stable too, so I'm confident about tomorrow's press day and we'll see how the squats go shoulder-wise (they were not pre-fatigued today, of course).
I did some JM in the morning and 3*1/1 Shoulder Flow and a few shoulder dislocates and snatch grip overhead squats with a broomstick after the workout.

today: 72 snatches *2pts=144pts, total: 2324pts

I have made a decision today about the race. The road to 50.000 is a long one, the Cert however is soon. So until then I'm not going to let myself get caught up in the maelstrom and go crazy chasing points (quite a temptation!). I'm going to stick with my original plan and simply keep record of the snatches I would have done anyway.

4 comments:

fawn said...

I'm with you on the Snatch Race... 50,000 is huge! This will take months! Plus, you will get loads of snatch points at the cert!

Gabi said...

Thanks, Fawn,

that's pretty sure, my only concern is, who I should hire to come and keep account of them at the cert, I don't think I would be able to :)

Adam said...

Gabi

play it smart-the road to the cert is a by pass to the 50K goal. Make sure your firing smooth and than worry about netting big points after you earn your RKC title.

Also, as far as tracking them at the cert, its not like i have a government accounting firm working for me to tally points-track what can, guess when you cant

Adam

Gabi said...

Thank you, Adam,

yes, it would be silly of me to overdo it and eventually risk an injury at this point.
Of course the race is still an inspiration, and I'll put it to good use on my originally planned snatch days, but not instead or on the expense of other workouts.