Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A GymBoss-addict?

While doing those timed sets yesterday I was thinking I actually could time the press and squat workouts as well: now that with the 16kg I do push presses anyway. I think they are okay for a conditioning focus, while strict presses are more for strength. But, for this same reason, I'm not going to time press days when using double 12s, as those are strict presses.

BJ#2, @16kg, 3 rounds

6/6 C&P
20/20 swing
6/6 C&P
6/6 C&FSQ
6/6 C&P
3/3 TGU
6/6 C&P
12/12 snatch
6/6 C&P

First two rounds: 1min on, 30sec off (14min)
Third round: 1min on, 1min off (18min)
2min rest between rounds
50min

1min on - 30sec off was quite tough but doable. Maybe I could have done the third round with the same ratio, too, but I wasn't sure, so I chose to extend the rest period to 1min, because I wanted that third round to be done properly. I used the rep numbers from yesterday (=whatever I could do in 30sec/side at a comfortable pace), except I did less TGUs, as it would have been hopeless to recover from 10 TGUs in a row in just 30sec, especially for the presses to follow, of all exercises.
I'll try timed sets for the squats tomorrow, too, but the rule will still be to strive for conditioning, but only to the limit of not sacrificing form/reps, rather adjusting rest if necessary.

6 comments:

Howie B said...

Yes, you are an addict. =)

Gabi said...

Howie,

I just hope this beeping mini-monster will stay out of WADA's field of vision :)

Howie B said...

WADA?

Gabi said...

World Anti-Doping Agency :)

Franklin said...

Double strict military pressing the 12's for reps is VERY im-PRESS-ive!

Gabi said...

Thank you, Franklin,

It definitely takes time to find that somewhat different groove with doubles. But now that I've started feeling a bit more comfortable at them, I'm getting to really like them.
I fancy snatching double 16s some time would be fun :)