Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A PR

But it is not about a certain weight or a rep number. Just that it was the first time the hands allowed me do snatch workouts on two consecutive days :)
Although they were tender, there were no blisters and no risk of ripping, so I "enjoyed the pain" :D

@16kg
5*7/7
2*10/10
2*15/15 (my RKC snatch test number)
20/20

@2*12kg
5, 7, 10, 13, 15

@20kg
5*5/5

Total: 210 @16kg, 50 @2*12kg, 50@20kg

Adam Glass's 50.000 snatches race is so crazy and inspirative at the same time I certainly turned in :) Just imagine, there is a great bunch of dedicated people who participate in a community event that will probably last a year or so and stay in everyday contact with each other through Adam's blog! An awesome idea.

So, now the math. This yields me a total of (210*2=420 + 50*3=150) 570 points. (Doubles don't count.)
Add yesterday's 560 snatches @12kg*1pt, grand total is 1130.

I had planned some press ladders, too, but that and the snatches would have taken too much time altogether in the morning so I postponed them: I can do them GTG-style in the evening while I'm cooking, the kids will enjoy the show :D

6 comments:

Gunther said...

congratulations with your double day snatches personal record. Keep it up. It should be time the weather gets better so I can workout outside and maybe also start working at snatches.

Aaron Friday said...

I just read that doubles do count. Just double the points.

Gabi said...

Thank you, Gunther,
I did most of it inside but the 20kg I took outside for safety's sake :) - too funny, it was cold but sunny, and 5 minutes after I came in, suddenly there was a snow storm!

Aaron,
thank you for the info!
In the original post it said "One arm snatches are the name of the game.", but all the better, I'm getting to like doubles now that I can do them :)

Franklin said...

And nice work with the 20kg! .. pretty scary actually ..

Aaron Friday said...

Yeah, don't sell yourself short. Doubles are twice as good. Once you start using the 24, you'll be racking up points at 5 per rep.

Gabi said...

Oh,
I really hope I will be able to snatch the 24 some time. That would be a great milestone! Last year it seemed to lie all beyond reach, now I tend to think it's a question of time.