Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So jealous of Capt'n Hook

He can just keep snatching as long as his breath takes it...

VO2Max, 15:15, @12kg
60 sets, 9 reps/set
30min, 540 snatches

I was glad that I somehow managed to avoid shredding my hands up to this point, so I decided not to tempt my fate any longer and, after a few minutes' rest, I switched to:

Swing ladders:
2 rounds: uphill weight, downhill time first, then the same in reverse order
160 swings @12kg, 4min on, 1min off
120 swings @16kg, 3min on, 1min off
80 swings @20kg, 2min on, 1min off
40 swings @24kg, 1min on, 1min off
28min, 800 swings (roundabouts)

This was a test run of a modified version from last time - tough on the forearms but doable. 4 rounds of it will make a good workout of 56min., probably the day after tomorrow. For tomorrow I'll need some combo with presses, cleans, squats or the like, beaten up hands need some recovery.

5 comments:

Gunther said...

really impressed with those swing numbers. keep up the good work.

Franklin said...

Mind boggling session! I can't wrap my mind around numbers like that .. wow!

Gabi said...

Thank you both :)

I've never thought I would ever get hooked on high rep stuff, but Tracy's blog has put a bug into my ear and now it has proved to be highly addictive.

Mark Reifkind said...

amazing. incredible number of snatches. 9 reps in 15 sec is about as fast as anyone can go. well done.

Gabi said...

Thank you, Mark,

It's very inspiring to receive feedback from an expert I have so much respect for.
I'm sure having short arms and torso but long legs puts me in a leverage advantage concerning speed.