Thursday, April 17, 2008

Low volume

I've probably caught a slight virus infection: red throat, dry and scratchy but not really sore. It started yesterday and it didn't get worse today, I think it is a good sign. Nevertheless, I postponed ballistics and did just a bit of strength work, trusting Mike Mahler :)

3*(1,2,3) C&P@16kg+pullup+pistol
3*3 dbl C&PP+C&FSQ @2*16kg

He was right: the double 16s push presses felt easier, needed much less leg work, and I was actually capable of doubles and triples on pullups. I have yet to figure out though, how to get to full ROM: I can touch the bar with my chin but then I'm stuck, no way to get myself even a hair's breadth higher. Lack of proper lat activation, I'd guess... Or...?

5 comments:

Franklin said...

Great doubles work as usual! And yes, the Mahler article about how to train when sick is excellent .. although I hope I don't have to use it for a while. :)

I have two suggestion about how to get up on the bar higher.

1) Stand on a chair to get yourself up higher on the bar, hang on and then do negatives .. pick up your legs from the chair and slowly lower yourself down.

2) Get a jump stretch band. Probably the lightest would be fine considering you can already get your chin up there.

Gabi said...

Thank you, Franklin,

I'll give it a try.
Funny, with chins I didn't have such a feeling of restriction.

fawn said...

I agree with Franklin... slow negatives work great for pull-ups!

Gabi said...

Not at all easy, seems like it needs a kind of shifting gears...

Anonymous said...

Well written article.