Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Snatch up to catch up

I have a friend here to stay with us the next couple of days so I won't be online much but I'll try to post at least short training updates.
Here's what I did yesterday:

VO2Max, 36:36
10 rounds @12kg, 22 reps/set (220)
5 rounds @16kg, 20(10/10) reps/set (100)

breathing overhead snatch ladders:
4*1-->10 @16kg (220)
2*1-->6 @20kg (42)

My left elbow didn't really like long overhead support, I got a bit of tingling with the 20, so I left it at that - I've had golfers' elbow before, a nuisance I don't want to risk again.

Kim Vigsbo RKC has made a great program on his site to track the scores at the race, so I stop being boring with calculating points here.

3 comments:

Franklin said...

Great decision to ditch the OH paused snatches with the 20kg when your elbow began get uncomfortable.

With your cert coming up so soon, its very wise to be conservative especially with joint issues .. I unfortunately learned this the hard way trying to train through elbow tendinitis.

Gunther said...

Always wise to listen to your own body. Guess we all learned that the hard way. Especially now I grow a little bit less younger (hehe, this sounds better and less negative) this gets important.
so I agree completely with Franklin.

As usual keep up the good work, you are still going strong.

Gabi said...

The hard way, oh yes. There were times I tried to train through injuries I considered "minor", but now I really prefer to avoid the risk of getting any in the first place... must be the age :))