Sunday, April 13, 2008

Still doubles

BJ#3, @2*12kg
2 rounds

7 dbl. C&FSQ
20 dbl. swings
7 dbl. C&FSQ
7 dbl. C&P
7 dbl. C&FSQ
5/5 TGU
7 dbl. C&FSQ
10 dbl. snatches
7 dbl. C&FSQ

Then I did a few more squats with one bell racked and one overhead - I don't know how I came to this idea yesterday but I really liked them.
Then I tried the following: double backswing, and then simultaneously a clean on one side and a snatch on the other. That was not at all easy and took quite a while to figure out how to deal with this asymmetry, but it was fun :)
I also went for some double overhead squats: still a bit shaky but I could go ATG, which was not the case the last time I tried.

3 comments:

Gunther said...

that is a good coördination exercise but than with your evil twist to it. A clean and snatch simultaneously, unbelievable. How did you get that idea to try? (but it sounds fun to do).

Howie B said...

Now this is new to me... is ATG an official RKC term? =)

Gabi said...

Gunther,

As I was doing these one-bell-racked-one-overhead-squats, I either lowered the overhead bell, did a double reclean and pressed up the other side in between or I just did a see-saw press to switch position - this seemed a third alternative :)
I vaguely remembered having seen something similar on youtube but I couldn't find the clip.
But fun indeed and requires to fine tune the power of your hip snap to just get one overhead without banging your forearm by cleaning the other - a chance to try out what Brett Jones is talking about in this new article:
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/467/

Howie,

I don't know, but, as Pavel says, "At the RKC we never rest", so even if it isn't one yet, it still can become one some time :)