Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tomorrow's a new day

Energy was still rather low today. I had planned ballistics, but even the thought of limited rests made me shiver. Also, I did things yesterday that I had neglected for quite a while - the result was (is) quite some soreness everywhere. I haven't had any for a long time now and I didn't take it well. So the bigger weights didn't attract me either. Totally out of sorts. Still, an off day would have just made it worse.
I decided to do just a few longer snatch sets:

2*60 @12kg (10/10/...)
80 @12kg (20/20/...)
5*60 @12kg (30/30)
= 500 @12kg, 500pts

I stepped on the scale today and my BW turned out to have dropped below 56kg. If it stays like that, snatching the 16 at the test won't be an option at all.

4 comments:

Howie B said...

I'm sure they'd make an exception for you at the RKC, if you really wanted to test with the 16kg.

Gabi said...

Oh,

I didn't mean it as a complaint. It is just I wanted to snatch around my test numbers yesterday, (=60@12kg and 30@16kg) but didn't feel like snatching the 16. And then I realized it is no tragedy if I don't, as the new number would be 50 snatches @12kg anyway.

Gunther said...

This can always happen once in a while. You want to start something but then you have to change things up as you do not feel right about that. Happens to me also once in a while, sometimes I come back stronger later or I just realise I have to change my routine. So I am currently thinking if I should stick to the grip based routine or change things up a bit. Today I might try a very small routine just to see how this feels. But on the other hand I am in doubt I do not enough.

You just did the smart thing, not pushing through anyway (with the risk of an injury) but you just listened to your own body. Only your body can tell you what you can handle.

Gabi said...

Gunther,

"I am in doubt I do not enough" - this was exactly what I needed. Thank you for opening my eyes.