Monday, June 16, 2008

St. Paul Grad Workout

This is what Franklin and his fellow candidates went through.
Of course I had to try myself, too :)
Top of the minute, using my snatch test bell (12kg):
snatch L
lower to rack
front squat
military press
transfer
snatch R
lower to rack
front squat
military press
10 walking two-hand swings
It took me 15 rounds (15min) to cover my usual "G.W. distance" (6 lengths in my garden, cca. 120m). With hindsight, I guess I should have taken the 16kg. Next time.

10 (20sec) snatches L, 13 (20sec) transfers, 10 (20sec) snatches R, 1min on, 30sec off
10 rounds, 15min

Then Vinyasa, 40min., and some foam roller work.

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

ahh that looks like a Mr Brett Jones Grad workout!

Franklin said...

That grad workout certainly wasn't my idea! LOL

I'm glad you gave it a whirl and not surprisingly you smoked it instead of it smoking me!

Gabi said...

Eheh, penny dropping in slow-motion, lol... seems like it was time for the non-native English speaker to get some wires crossed... sorry, folks :))

Mark Reifkind said...

gabi,

they are getting to be :))