Thursday, September 4, 2008

Active recovery... sort of

After quite a time of next to no overhead work, my shoulder took the beating (snatching) better than I expected (although I was careless enough to snatch a 20kg R later yesterday, to demonstrate the forward lean), the considerable lack of skin continuance however is a nuisance. Coincidentally, today was one of the rare days I didn't need to take bells with me so I could dust off my bike... I love to whizz by between the queues of cars in rush hour :) I think I did quite a mileage during the day as I had a lot of errands to run but it was definitely much more fun than work :) I rounded it up with some yoga practice and mobility stuff including the Brettzel.
I also realized (thanks Brett and Jason!) there are only 4 weeks to go until the October cert... Well, if the Man himself does it, does an assistant need to look any further? Tomorrow's Friday, perfect to start with it rested.

3 comments:

Jason Marshall said...

Thanks for the plug, Gabi! I LOVE my mountain bike! I wish I had more chances to hit the trails. Contrary to popular belief, the part of Texas I live in has some great single track mountain bike trails (we're known for our flat terrain, but we have some canyons where the trails have been built).

Franz Snideman said...

"After quite a time of next to no overhead work, my shoulder took the beating (snatching) better than I expected."

Wonderful news. I told you would be back snatching heavy weights soon enough.

Keep it going Gabi!

Gabi said...

Jason,

that sounds like so much fun! I've never tried, the region I live in is truly as flat as a table top.

Franz,

like you said re. screening, you often just have to finally step out of your own way... Had I done it earlier, I could have spared a lot. But late is still better than never :)