Monday, September 15, 2008

Busy weekend

Was off to Budapest on Friday, met friends and had a fun training session in the afternoon (see next post). On Saturday there was a workshop for RKCs only with Peter going through the basics of L2 material with us, then on Sunday we had some introduction to working with ropes and clubs. I thought my shoulder would be okay for all this but it didn't really like the bent press... I even strained the opposite hip a bit, but a good night's rest fixed it. My, those ropes are no joke! I think I've never done anything that intense (although I had a couple of crazy KB workouts in my training history, lol). As for the clubs, except for some kind of bent-press-like variation there was nothing new (we applied the RKC priciples, e.g. we left off the "soft catch", the rebending of the knee when cleaning to order, but that's how I'd worked with them before, too), it's a pity we didn't come to the sideward moves like inward-outward pendulum or mills that I would have been interested in more. But I'm sure it was still plenty for those who never tried the clubs before and it's never useless to go through the basics again. All in all, we had a great time.

No comments: