Wednesday, September 24, 2008

OMG

I haven't blogged for more than a week again! 24 hours a day seem to be far less than enough for all the things I'd like to do. And this is just partly due to the fact that I now teach KB around 20 hours per week in addition to some other work I still do, it is time management I should be more disciplined about. Use those seemingly "too-short-to-do-anything"-breaks, too, otherwise they add up to several hours of wasted time a day.

Good news shoulder-wise: no pain or discomfort these days, although I started adding OH presses back in. I'm practicing the move by doing just one strict military press ladder a session (1 to 5, no reclean) with a light weight, otherwise I do arm bar presses, side presses, kneeling/half-kneeling presses. I'm working the getups and do some windmills, too. I've tried some 12kg snatches, 5*30/30, and as those were fine, the next time I went for sets of 10/10 @16kg. Last Thursday I even snatched the 24kg a couple of times just to see if I still could (I couldn't resist, lol, but at least I somehow managed not to overdo it) and they were stronger than ever. The Cert is next weekend, I'll try and finally clean up those presses of mine and then I hope to be able to get serious about ROPping them up a bit :)

3 comments:

Jason Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Marshall said...

Gabi,
Glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better. I've started pressing again as well and it really feels good. I did a grad workout with my class yesterday which involved walking see saw presses and my should felt awesome afterward. I hope you have a great time at your upcoming cert!
Jason

Gabi said...

Thank you, Jason,

I'm very strict with form and I keep the volume low and it feels real good so far. I think I just have to make sure not to rush things, slow and steady progress is the way :)
Keep up the good work, the grad workout is pretty serious, seems like you really have your shoulder under control!