Monday, November 3, 2008

Tough combo

A.m.:
VO2Max, 15:15, 50 sets of 9 @12kg.

Once again I forgot my sock sleeves, and I used up the rest of my tape for my training partner who showed up with shredded hands but insisted on doing it anyway - so no hand protection for me today. Which left me no other option than really concentrating on perfect hardstyle form every single rep - and it went better than ever: not only did my hands stay intact but I didn't even come close to breathlessness.

Before evening class:
clean - jerk - snatch-drop - snatch - slow pull down to rack - this is one rep.
@16kg
2min on (1min L, 1min R, 7-8 reps each), 1min off
7 rounds, 21min

This absolutely smoked my forearm. Now that I think about it, I guess this was the first time I did 2min:1min combo sets @16kg at all, but I'm pretty sure I never did 1min/arm before. Halfway into it I was thinking of switching hands every rep but then I just sucked it up and gutted it out. Those slow negatives, especially towards the end, did make me a better man :)

No comments: