Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sluggish

The symptoms are gone but energy is low. It's not just that freakin' virus. The last few weeks were draining: on top of the usual lot of KB teaching Sunday through Friday, 4 out of 5 Saturdays were not free either.

I didn't feel like blogging or otherwise keeping record of the workouts the last two weeks. That would have made me want to push it, lol. I did a little bit of this and a little bit of that, sort of variety days "doing whatever I like and taking it easy". Like 5 ladders of 3 C&P @16kg, or 5*5/5 (proper, CK-FMS-approved) SLDL @16kg, 10 sets of 10/10 snatches alternated with 10/10 LCCJ @ 16kg, a few minutes of Shoulder Flow @16kg, some bear crawl - renegade row - pushup combo @2*16kg or a few sets of heavy swings (one hand @ 24 and 32kg, two hand @ 40 and 48kg), these I remember.

I'm going on a vacation over the holidays to visit my in-laws in the Austrian Alps and I'll turn it into, as Marty calls it, a "purposeful layoff". I'm more or less off of the WD these days, too. I feel I need more food and I need more carbs. I'm putting on some weight but that's okay. Cycling nutrition in accordance with exercise (or, in this case, rather the lack of it). I believe Marty. There's some serious work waiting for me next year so I better get ready (and rested, slightly deconditioned)... 

My, my, great times are coming :) Big goals... Can't wait to hit it hard when I'm back :)

I'll be OTG until Jan. 5th or so - everybody have a wonderful Christmas and loads of fun at New Year's!

3 comments:

Howie B said...

Get well Gaby. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!! Come back hungry for the bells in 2009!

Gabi said...

Thanks, Howie,

oh yes, 2009 is gonna be exciting, the more I think of it, the more I'm itching to get going :)

Gunther said...

merry christmas Gaby and all the best for 2009. Just take it easy and enjoy, once in a while that is not a bad idea at all and come back (even more) stronger.