Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Slaughtering my dragons

Okay, they're not quite dead yet, but at least I'm on the warpath :)

2 Dbl. C&P @2*16kg (2*1 in rd. 4 and 5)*
chins or assisted pullups (as many)**
5 Dbl. FSQ @2*16kg
10 Renegade Rows @2*16kg
5/5 double-bell-SLDL @2*16kg

6 rounds

* The plan was 5 double push presses with slow negatives - I didn't know I could actually press them... I just thought I could give it a try before I start and voila, PR.
**2 chins, 3 pullups, 3 chins, 4 chins, 4 pullups, 5 pullups in resp. rounds

Seems like I'm slowly figuring out the pullup technique. I didn't do any chins for quite a while and (apart from sporadic attempts at getting at least my nose to the bar) next to never pullups - partly due to an old injury of both wrists, but mainly because they're hard and I was lazy, lol.

2 clients (hours) later, another one actually bites the dust:

VO2Max, 15:15 @16kg
40 sets of 7
20min, 280 snatches

Some time back in November I did 120 sets of 9 @12kg, that's a full hour and more than 1000 snatches. Proof enough that I've "grown out of" that 12kg... And I still kept procrastinating the next step, that is starting over @16kg. Until now.

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

You're doing sets of 7?!? That's awesome. Did you get to 80 sets with 6? I hope to get that done by the end of summer... we'll see. :)

Gabi said...

Nikki,

my first 6min test @16kg was 29 so I started with sets of 7, 6 wouldn't have made any sense based on that cadence.
For the same reason I started VO2Max @12kg last year with sets of 8 right away - I did 32 in the last minute of the first test. And as soon as I regularly had spare seconds, I switched to 9.