Wednesday, April 1, 2009

On the mend

At least in some regards.
I took the rest of last week off and got that elbow 'beamed'. Low-Level Laser Therapy - it's like exorcism, I tell you!
After the first time the pain stopped radiating into the upper arm but did so all the more into the forearm. Pressure on some spots in the palm sent lightnings into the elbow. After the second time it all left my elbow and moved into the ulna and the wrist. Then into the small and ring fingers. No sensitivity on pressure any more but on pulling, like carrying things. Then only on pronation. Now it is still lurking around in the wrist and ulna a bit but causes only some slight discomfort at one certain movement when the arm is in one certain position.

So Monday I tried a couple of things:

band pullups: 4, 4, 3, 2, 1

I did them, but they didn't feel all that good... Not painful, just sort of weak and unstable. But, thank God, seems like they didn't worsen things either.

3*5/5 MP @16kg
3*5/5 TGU @16kg

Presses were okay, the getups too. I was more concerned about the reps L with my right as the supporting hand, but that was no problem either.

1min on, 1min off, @16kg
3 snatches L - 3 DARC swings - 3 snatches R - 3 DARC swings - ...
6*3 snatches and 5*3 swings per round
20 rounds
40min, 360 snatches, 300 swings

I didn't want to jump right back into VO2Max training right away so I chose this combo with just 3 snatches at a time - the pace is a bit slower (like 7 in 15sec) - and swings mixed in and comfortable 1min rests.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heal quickly, Gabi. Gray Cook has been mentioning laser almost every time we've spoken lately, so there must be something really good about it.

Looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen!

Gabi said...

Thank you, Doc,

I've been reading around a bit these days about how photobiomodulation works, fascinating, really.

It's gonna be grrreat to see you again in DK!