Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mind over matter

Last night:
swings @16kg, with clients
1min on, 30sec off
42 reps/set
10 rounds
15min, 420 swings
An hour later, with class, more
swings @16kg
40sec on, 20sec off
28 reps/set
10 rounds
10min, 280 swings

Today morning:
VO2Max, 15:15 @16kg
70 sets of 8
35min, 560 snatches

I was carrying a bit of fatigue from those 700 swings as the two workouts were like 12 hours or so apart, but it was more mentally an issue than physically, as I had no problem keeping up the cadence, once I managed to persuade myself to pick up the bell for the next set, lol. Good I had someone with me, going for 70 sets of 7 @24kg...

(I also keep GTG-ing presses, pullups, pistols, OH squats, windmills, TGU, etc., I don't really keep track of how many sets, I just do one or two whenever, maybe every hour or so. Practice. No elbow or other issues so far.)

2 comments:

Franklin said...

I love popping in here once in awhile and re-discovering what the true meaning of work capacity is. Jaw-dropping volume ..

Gabi said...

Thank you, Franklin,

I would have never thought myself I'd come so far with the 16kg VO2Max so fast... I still remember how I kept whining last year about the 16 tearing up my hands all the time, lol. Seems like it really takes only as much as persistance...