Monday, May 4, 2009

Won't take long 'til

80. Sets, I mean, not years :) If it all goes on like this, I'll get to that milestone before leaving for DK (and see the Viking Warrior KJ - how cool is that?).

Thursday was supposed to be my off day, but then I did 10 sets of 10 swings @24kg with a client I-go-you-go-style (a walkin' Gymboss, lol).
Friday I planned to do 50 sets of 8 (VO2Max, 15:15 @16kg), but I had another kettlebell design with me that started to pinch my skin almost immediately so I got pissed and stopped after like 12 sets. Crazy (and frightening), how I got used to 'my snatch bell'.
Anyway, I did the 50 sets on Saturday and took yesterday off.
Today I did 60 sets of 8 (30min, 480 snatches). I had the same feeling as with snatching the 12kg back last October: once I get over 50 sets, there are no big differences. 60 wasn't much tougher than 50 and I could have gone on, as if I had fallen into a kind of 'automatic mode'. But we'll see.

2 comments:

Howie B said...

Good work Gabi. It's the same when you're working with one hand switch. Once you get to say 3 or 4 minutes in on one hand, that last extra minute doesn't seem so bad. At this rate, you are probably ready to step onto the platform yourself!

Gabi said...

Thanks, Howie,

I haven't been working on long sets for quite a while, especially since we no longer have the one hand switch at the RKC snatch test, but now that you mention it, I might give it a try again some time... In the next few weeks I'll need to work on the jerk, too, anyway.