Thursday, March 12, 2009

One week in the world

My "grandson" Vili. He and his mother Andrea are both doing great. You can check out the photos on her blog, if you like. The Hungarian text is about her experiences so far: She caught a bad cold a few days before delivery, and although the baby boy was tactful enough to wait until the worst was over, a blocked nose was an interesting addition to the "fun"... Still, she reports, compared to giving birth to her first son, this time she had much more endurance and everybody was amazed by her "pressing strength" :) Overall, as far as she can tell after just a week, her recovery is much faster, she's in a much better mood and there's no comparison of the tone of her post-partum belly this time. Her doc says she might even start with some kind of exercise in 3 weeks - with utmost caution, of course.

Can't say how glad I feel (and relieved that I didn't promise too much)! And I'm looking forward to working with her again. Not just on regaining the body she's had before, but on getting her into a better than ever shape!

Oh, and the anecdotal story behind "grandson":
Andrea and her husband often refer to me jokingly as "our mother Gabi". When I heard the news about her pregnancy back last year, I confronted my unsuspecting husband (we have two daughters, 13 and 11, and a son, 8 yrs) with the following:
"Woo-hoo, just imagine, I'm getting a grandchild!!"
"Huh?"
"Don't worry, not you, just me!"
"????"

No comments: